Find the answer to your Linux question:
Black Box for Windows Download is 240k zipped, you can run it from the directory or install it permanently with either a batch file or from inside the envionment. There ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

For those stuck working on Windows at work

Black Box for Windows

Download is 240k zipped, you can run it from the directory or install it permanently with either a batch file or from inside the envionment. There are a lot of menu entries for windows apps there by default, you may need to edit these out from the menu.rc file. The start menu items are accessible through 'windows' > 'Start Menu' and 'Start Menu (all)' on the menu.

I like it! If only I could change desktop with my mousewheel...

Linux User
    i used to use it, im not a big fan of vanila blackbox though

Linux Engineer
    I think there has been more threads on this... However, some questions, is it faster than normal windows? Is it stable?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    looks good, I'm downloading it now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I think there has been more threads on this... However, some questions, is it faster than normal windows? Is it stable?
    I second that. I'd like to maybe try it out on an older machine which currently dual boots between win 98 and DSL.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

It still relies on explorer.exe to draw windows etc, really I think it just mutes the taskbar. However it is much more responsive than explorer menu wise, it's just a shame that you still need to draw windows the slower explorer way. I could probably convince a few regular users to have a look at this,but I think the two start menus would need to be merged for normal users as they are in Windows. I like it though.