Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got my computer back from my parents house after as lot of hassle. When I plugged it in last night it refused to turn on but the keyboard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Computer is kind of freaking me out

I just got my computer back from my parents house after as lot of hassle. When I plugged it in last night it refused to turn on but the keyboard lights were blinking repeatedly. That stopped after a while but it still refused to turn on. This morning I tried it again. It came on but it was constantly bleeping & nothing came on the monitor. It's a 4 year old Pentium 3 512mb system. Whilst it was at my parents house the hard drive was wiped & my brother installed XP. Can anyone help because this is just confusing the hell out of me

if its bleeping at you, it sounds like either something has come loose or is faulty. open it up & check all cards,memory,processor are seated correctly.

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!
    Make sure to try resetting the CMOS by turning the box off, unplugging the power, and removing and then replacing the internal battery.

This was of help to me when my system refused to boot.
    http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks...shooting.ars/1

Just Joined!
    Thats pretty common that computers refuse to turn on after transportiration. Open up the box, take off video and RAM and then put them in again.

Agreed with above posts, however if all else fails I suggest you take it to your local PC shop/repairer.

Good luck