Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just finished installing an LFS system yesturday and today I'm trying to do some tweaking so that I can start/continue with BLFS (I already took some BLFS steps, like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

System Logging

I just finished installing an LFS system yesturday and today I'm trying to do some tweaking so that I can start/continue with BLFS (I already took some BLFS steps, like DHCP and internet connectivity stuff). My biggest issue right now is that after I installed the driver for my wireless adapter ( I used this driver) the system keeps outputting every system log, stuff that goes in /var/log/sys.log, to the screen. It logs everything normally in the sys.log file, but then also outputs it to the screen. This is getting pretty annoying because I can't do anything without these logs getting in the way.

I'm sure it's just a config file, but I have no idea where to start looking... please, at least point me in the right direction.

PS: I have the same issue with my Debian install. But since I installed X (and only log into it) I just don't see this stuff anymore. This isn't really an option for LFS/BLFS since I don't have X installed and will not have it installed for a while.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well, I kinda figured it out. Actually, it's just a band-aid but a pretty good one at that. After a little research, and help from my job's sys. admin., I found an answer. I pretty much just edited the "klogd" portion of my "sysklogd" file to say "klogd -c 4", which only outputs "important" messages to the console instead of every single thing. I haven't gotten any messages recently, but I do expect to get something if something important happens.