Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a lan: 172.16.1.0..I' using RH8, we use DSL , dynamic IP. I set up 1 web server in my computer. I using No-IP. Now my friend set up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

is it possible 2 computer in LAN have 2 different web server

I have a lan: 172.16.1.0..I' using RH8, we use DSL , dynamic IP. I set up 1 web server in my computer. I using No-IP. Now my friend set up his web server using IIS( he use window XP).

Then now i can not access my page. But i access his web site...
    Any one help me???

Linux Engineer
    I dont see how you were able to have a webserver running without it listening on an ip. Can you describe how you have it setup?

Just Joined!
    With using Noip client, i get IP from outside. I set up with Apache 1.3.27 in Red Hat 8. In virtual host, i set up this server name: home1.sytes.net for my web site.And i configure get all address on port 80.

But after my friend set up his site with IIS, i can not access my site. Instead i go to direct to his site at home1.sytes.net. Maybe i think that his web site only run on LAN or local.

I dont know why that if his computer dont have NOIP client, then how come he get IP. He tell me that he just set up with IIS.

When i switch to my Window XP( my computer have 2 system: RH and XP). , in there also i set up my site with IIS and it has NOIP client too. Now i can not access my site in both RH and XP.

Should i set up differebt port with him??

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Do you have a hardware router or something like that so that you can share your DSL connection? It seems like it to me.

Just Joined!
    yes i do have router sharing DSL on 3 computer.

Linux Guru
    In that case you must set up in the router configuration what computer is to receive HTTP requests.

Just Joined!
    Thank Dolda u right. i check in router...In the firewall part, i have to remove his hosting web server, then i can add my web server. Thank alot.