Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody know how I can mount HTFS (SCO Unix) in Linux? I found this http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...06.2/0281.html but the too good to be true link they provide is broken. This isn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mounting HTFS

Does anybody know how I can mount HTFS (SCO Unix) in Linux? I found this http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...06.2/0281.html but the too good to be true link they provide is broken.

This isn't something I *need* (I'll just wipe it clean and set it up as a server anyway), but I imagine other people would like the information also.

Just Joined!
    if your kernel is compiled with HTFS support you can do
    Code:
    mount -t htfs /dev/hdaX /mnt/whatever
    do a google search for a htfs patch if it's not and recompile.

Just Joined!
    Not to be too critical, but I do have some limitations. 1) I already googled for solutions without any success. 2) The drives I'm trying to mount are scsi, therefore I cannot just plug them into another system, as I don't have scsi connectors in any one of my other machines. 3) I'm using knoppix to allow me to do a network boot (no CDROM, floppy only) - and can only do CLI, as it is a P2 w/ only a total of 64M (shared, I think) RAM.
    Any other suggestions? Perhaps I could try booting from the USB, since the BIOS only specifies "removeable media" and not just floppy....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    USB boot is out, the specification didn't exist in the days of P2s and USB1.0......Have you tried the command above using /dev/sdaX ?? I think Knoppix should have the support for that filesystem.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    USB boot is out, the specification didn't exist in the days of P2s and USB1.0......Have you tried the command above using /dev/sdaX ?? I think Knoppix should have the support for that filesystem.
    I figured that it probably wouldn't be USB bootable. Knoppix didn't provide "instant support". I checked the man page for mount in Knoppix and it didn't mention any support for HTFS. On a few sites, I've seen that HTFS is now called a "crosstor" filesystem. However, I still can't find much more information.