Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All in one DVD

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Look up a little something called the Linux Bible. It's probably the closest to what you're talking about.

Thumbs up This might help you...

This site is a part of MSFN. It is tutorial site that tells you how tu build a multi-boot CD/DVD. It is generally focused on Windows, but many things apply to any bootable media.
    Anyone who has heard about MSFN probably would know this site. It was originally made to tutor a multiboot Windows (XP/2003), but has grown to include other bootable OSs and generally any bootable CD/DVD/Floppy/etc utility.

I'm gonna use it to make a DVD to include my Windows XP (with slipstreamed Service Packs, Hotfixes and Addons Packs made by me ), The Latest Fedora Core DVD, the latest Hiren's Boot CD, the latest UBCD, miniPE˛-XT (...Google this...), a SLAX, a Knoppix, a home made BartPE some utilitary bootable floppies and generally whatever bootable utility I would need in an AiO DVD...
    These guys were the first to teach me I should have a broader view of a OS than the dogmatic, narrow view of the... well... of them...

Cheers! (the series, I mean...)

Linux Bible

As luke_z3 stated Linux Bible by Christopher Negus would be a good multi-distro book/discs to get.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It is kind of a good idea....

BUT:

Linux distros go through new versions a lot faster than windows (its been ~6 years between 2k and xp)

People kindly contribute there disk space and bandwidth for downloading iso's....why multiply the download amount by 8 just cos someone cant decide which distro to install.

As nice as it would be, I think there is a lot to be said for just letting people choose and install which ever distro they want.

This looks like it.

(it was done by the same people who did Ubuntu)
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Linux Enthusiast
    I think he means put gentoo, slackware and say, knoppix on one DVD disk, and when you boot from CD it comes up with a Menu to choose what to boot from, yes I have seen those.