Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hopefully this is in the right place, my first time posting here. I'm using dynebolic and have been trying to install the java plugin for Mozilla, installation was successful but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Java plugin

Hopefully this is in the right place, my first time posting here.

I'm using dynebolic and have been trying to install the java plugin for Mozilla, installation was successful but I cant get mozilla to recognize the symbolic link to the plugin. I'm new at linux, not quite sure what else to do, i've been trying many times. If anyone has some helpful info i'd appreciate it!

Linux Guru
    Which method did you use to install java? rpm or sh file?

Just Joined!
    Not the RPM file just the regular self extracting, its successfully installed now, I just cant get it to link to mozilla. I have java enabled under mozilla prefrences. It might be the symbolic link, its really unclear what goes where. I know the mozilla plugins folder is involved but cant quite figure out this last part.

Hi there thaiboxer59. Are you using firefox or mozilla? Post back where your browser plugin directory is (mine is /usr/lib/firefox/plugins) and also find where Java is installed (mine is /usr/java) then i can give you more info.
    Linux. Get Counted!! http://counter.li.org/

Linux User
    I ran about:config in the browser and checked to see where the browser was expecting to find java then made sure there was a link in the location the browser was looking..
    far...out

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaiboxer59
    Hopefully this is in the right place, my first time posting here.

I'm using dynebolic and have been trying to install the java plugin for Mozilla, installation was successful but I cant get mozilla to recognize the symbolic link to the plugin. I'm new at linux, not quite sure what else to do, i've been trying many times. If anyone has some helpful info i'd appreciate it!
    Hope this might help
    my plugins were in
    Code:
    ~/.firefox/plugins
    and similar for mozilla check using
    Code:
    ls -all
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page