Find the answer to your Linux question:
Besides nero please... I need to be able to burn iso's and make audio cds and thats about it...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Good burning program for linux

Besides nero please... I need to be able to burn iso's and make audio cds and thats about it

k3b for gui cd + dvd
    cdrecord for cli cd's
    growisofs for cli dvd's
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux User
    thx cdrecord did what i needed

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yeah, k3b is good. It's just a frontend to some backend tools really.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

I find a lot of programs on linux are in a position where they need to emulate functionality of existing Windows / Mac programs. But now and again you get a really excellent program that out does all of the others by doing it a new way. K3b and Amarok are two of these. K3b is so clean and simple and still does everything I need. Amarok has it all even integrates nicely with K3b. Great stuff there.

I've just started using the cd-burning plugin for nautilus (the gnome file manager), it's great for simple jobs. Besides this, GnomeBaker is worth checking out, it's a bit more fully-featured.

Start with K3B!!!...

Most of Windows based programs like Nero Burning ROM, Yahoo Messenger and such are just sorry attempts to copy programs from Windows to Linux, which is really not the way to go. Of course programs like K3B, GAIM & GIMP were based on popular proprietary Windows programs, but they are not just copies of them, rather they include most of the things that Windows programs do and sometimes a little bit more...
    In fact some of this programs are so good, I even use some of them on my Windows (GAIM & GIMP)... The best thing about them is (no matter what people might say to you about TCO and any other BS) they are FREE...