Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK. This is gonna sound a little silly... Do you guys know about the msgramp plugin for WinAmp (in Windows)? I heard about something similar to this for XMMS & ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

GAIM plugins ?!?!

OK. This is gonna sound a little silly... Do you guys know about the msgramp plugin for WinAmp (in Windows)? I heard about something similar to this for XMMS & GAIM... What the Winamp plugin did was to show on your Y! messenger status the current song being played in Winamp... I recently heard there was something similar for XMMS & GAIM but here it was a plugin for GAIM (in Windows the plugin was for the player). I just found it and it says to put the plugin in the plugin folder. Thus my problem... As far as I can tell there is no plugin folder for the version I have (gaim-2.0.0-0.beta2.fc4.i386). It doesn't seem to support plugins, but I could be wrong. BTW the plugin is xmmscurrsong...

The bottom line is:
    WHICH VERSION OF GAIM SUPPORTS PLUGINS AND WHERE IS THE PLUGIN FOLDER?

Just Joined!
    i tried xmsscurrsong and it didn't work. i would try http://zulutango.org:82/journal/entry/258 instead. as for the version of gaim nedeed i think it works with any version although you might need the devel packages for gaim. hope this helps.