Find the answer to your Linux question:
I swear I cannot find a distro that I like besides Red Hat 9, so what I am wondering is if I can completely destroy it and make it less ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Destroying Red Hat 9

I swear I cannot find a distro that I like besides Red Hat 9, so what I am wondering is if I can completely destroy it and make it less bloated, without uninstalling it? How much work would it be, and what would be a good way to go about doing it?

Just Joined!
    UH, use RedHat's Package Manager(RPM) to remove the packages that you don't want, or need or has another package that you use more that does the same job, or you don't use at all.
    I.E. If you don't use Gnome, or the other DM's it has, remove them; No use having a dozen editors installed, find one or two you like, ditch the rest. If you're not using it, you can probably get by OK without it!

Just Joined!
    If you decide to re-install redhat, simply choose to add custom packages from the appropriate screen on the installation and add only the programs you want. If you choose a default install (desktop for example) then it will install a LOT of stuff. It is a little bit of work to sift through all the packages available, but if you want to reduce 'bloat', then you'll need to do this work.