Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
By the way, I'm a bit surprised about the indifference of Linux coders to how screen real estate is used. Aren't coders geeks? Don't geeks want to pack as much ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

By the way, I'm a bit surprised about the indifference of Linux coders to how screen real estate is used. Aren't coders geeks? Don't geeks want to pack as much info onto their screens as they can? Well, this geek does.

Just Joined!
    Just to prove that you can make smaller UIs without changing the font size, window dressings, here's a gimp of that same dialog:

The fonts are the same; the buttons have the same height; the controls are not spaced too close together, and the same information is displayed as before. Yet it is 42% smaller (519x564 vs. 730x692). The only change to the widget metrics is that list items are 4 pixels closer together.

With more aggresive changes, I could certainly make it to half the original size.

My point, I guess, is that developers ought to waste less space. The original dialog cannot even be displayed at 800x600... I wonder what happens if you try?

Linux Newbie
    You should send your pic to KDE, its good.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2