Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, Can someone share their information on a compatible 56k internal pci modems that will work with RH9? Not that we don't high speed internet access but, we're working w/ ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compatible 56k modems w/RH 9 ?

Hey,
    Can someone share their information on a compatible 56k internal pci modems that will work with RH9? Not that we don't high speed internet access but, we're working w/ Java and PHP to initiate phone calls when a client hits the submit button along with the confirmation email of which we already have configured. Looked allover CDW for one and couldn't find one. The last piece to testing and completing our code is locating a compatible modem.

Once it is installed and found by RH, will it most likely configure itself to you ttyS2 as in COM3?

mtsal

Linux Guru
    As long as it isn't a Winmodem/Softmodem, it is very unlikely not to work. The problem is, of course, to recognize a Winmodem. Conexant modems are very often Winmodems.

I'm going to recommend what I always do when it comes to compatibility testings. Buy a card that you think might work, and if it doesn't, return it for a refund. That's how I always do compatibility testing. =)

Just Joined!
    I just may take you up on that there idear. Thanks.

Just Joined!

External modem and RH9

I've had no problems with the Hayes Accura V.92 (about 50 quid, as I recall)

Just Joined!
    Did RH Kudzo automatically detect and configure or did it come with drivers on a CD that you had to install?