Find the answer to your Linux question:
See I installed real player 10 gold from rpm but seems I dont see it from applications/ sound and video. I have to type in terminal: realplay but I dont ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

real player 10 gold problem

See I installed real player 10 gold from rpm but seems I dont see it from applications/ sound and video. I have to type in terminal: realplay but I dont see the real player controls in firefox and even real player movies wont play.
    strange lol I dunno if this will help but I did most of these lol http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_cor...s.html#MPlayer

you need to add this to your mozilla plugin directory:

nphelix.so

your aboutlugins should look like this

Code:
    Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

File name: nphelix.so
        Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.572 built with gcc 3.2.0 on Sep 15 2005

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
    audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin 	RealPlayer Plugin Metafile 	rpm 	Yes
    the location of your mozilla plugins directory changes per distro or how you installed firefox so you will have to look around for it. There should be a readme somewhere in the realplayer rpm you installed for where to find the .so file
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!

thanx

Spencerf thankyou for your knowligable advice; if this helps I have fedora core 4. I was wondering since I did alot of stuff on that link if theres a cleaner way to get the same result. and by adding a space at the bottom do they mean bring the curser to the next line or 2 lines down? I just went 1 line to buffer lol on that tutorial for replacing the repository?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    RealPlayer:

* Open Firefox. Go to http://www.real.com/linux/ and download (save to disk) the RealPlayer10GOLD.rpm package. This should save the file to your home folder. If it saves the file to your desktop instead go to your desktop and drag the file into your "Home" folder. (Left mouse click on the file and drag it on top of your "Home" folder while holding the left mouse button down. Then release the mouse button.)

* Open the terminal. Type:

su

Hit enter. Type your root password. Hit enter. If you have not already done so type:

yum -y install compat-libstdc++-33

Hit enter. Wait for compat-libstdc++-33 to be installed. Type:

rpm -ivh *.rpm

Hit enter. Wait for the installation to complete. Type:

rm *.rpm

Hit enter. Type "y" and hit enter. Because HelixPlayer interferes with the browser plug-in function of RealPlayer we will remove it. Type:

yum remove HelixPlayer

Hit enter. Type "y" and hit enter. Close the terminal. Close and restart Firefox to enable the RealPlayer plugin, go to http://www.npr.org/, click on "NPR Program Stream", select "Listen to NPR audio with the Real player" and complete the RealPlayer Setup Assistant to test your RealPlayer plugin installation. (If the RealPlayer option does not initially appear in the dialog box click the radio button "open with" and click the checkbox "Do this automatically for files like this form now on", then click the "browse" button in the dialog box and in the file system browse to /usr/bin/realplay. Click "open". Click "OK".)
    these are the only instructions you need to follow for realplayer. Apparently realplayer will copy appropriate files for you but I've found and heard that this isn't always reliable so you need to copy yourself. But the instructions are pretty easy. Just install compat-libstdc++-33 with yum. Download realplayer rpm. Install that with this command

Code:
    rpm -ivh nameoffile.rpm
    I wouldn't use *.rpm because * means that it will install every rpm file in that directory which in some cases could be more than one screwing up your system/files/or just cleanliness. Don't ever use * unless absolutely sure you know what you are doing.Then remove helixplayer with yum. Fire up firefox and try a page with realaudio. If it works great!

if not: then you need to find nphelix.so and nphelix.xpt (sometimes necessary might as well find it). My realplayer installation is located in /opt/RealPlayer
    I don't know where your will be. Once you find it look in the "mozilla" directory and cp nphelix.so to your mozilla plugins directory. And copy nphelix.xpt to your mozilla components directory. Restart firefox and you should be ready to go.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL