Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a new to linux world. I've just installed suse9. I made only1gb for suse. so, now it say run out of disk space. I have three fat32 for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse problem for partition

I am a new to linux world. I've just installed suse9. I made only1gb for suse. so, now it say run out of disk space. I have three fat32 for windows. I am now dualboot with winxp.

Some said i can't resize linux partition. some suggest me to do fdisk /mbr to restore windows boot loader. but fdisk is not in winxp. What should i do to get room for linux?

Please help me in details.

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure, but I think the best way might be to download Knoppix. It should come with GNU parted, which is capable of resizing most filesystem kinds.

Linux Engineer
    if u have a suse bootdisk use that to get a rescue terminal or somethign and use parted from there. (im not sure but cfdisk can probably resize partitions as well)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

resizing

I have installed suse9 with YAST and it does have a feature for resizing! I would therefore do a reinstall - allow at least 2GB for your Linux, but the more the better (5GB is more than enough).

You can confidently play around with the partitioning until you think it is right - nothing will be done to your hard disk until you explicitly accept it and go for the install...

Ingo