Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to use save the contents of a man page for viewing later on Windows. What command should i use? I tried man pbbedit > pdbedit.txt but I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

man

I want to use save the contents of a man page for viewing later on Windows. What command should i use?

I tried man pbbedit > pdbedit.txt but I get a slightly garbled output.
    Can I pump the output into a PDF file or something. Poss pipe it into an app that allows me to save the file and something friendly.

what about some kind of man to html converter?

Dolda: you posted a something like this a while ago but the search doesn't seem to return it. (maybe it wasn't you!)
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux Guru
    You can convert a manpage into several formats. The easiest are PostScript and PDF, which can be obtained like this:
    Code:
    man -t manpage >manpage.ps
    man -t manpage | ps2pdf - manpage.pdf
    To get HTML, you have to know the actual path of the manpage, and use it like this:
    Code:
    zcat /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz | groff -Thtml -man >manpage.html

flw
    Linux Engineer
    There's also tons of man pages on the net. i.e. Just google "man rm" or take a look at these: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...-8&q=man+pages
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux User

thanks

cheers

that gives me plenty to play with.

I know there are man pages on the net but that I also knew that this could be done. therefore it bugged me that I couldn't do it.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.