Find the answer to your Linux question:
how do i burn a music cd in gecko? it interfaces perfectly and burns data cds but i cannot figure out how to burn music, also totem is totally useless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

general question

how do i burn a music cd in gecko? it interfaces perfectly and burns data cds but i cannot figure out how to burn music, also totem is totally useless it doesnt play any format of video i get an error every time, any help is appreciated

Linux Engineer
    For totem you need the right video codecs - either XINE libraries + dependencies, or the correct gstreamer-plugins. For wmv and such to play, you will need a package named w32codecs, win32codecs, codecs or similar. For the gstreamer 0.8 version of totem, you also need pftdll or something like that to play wmv and such formats. I haven't gotten gstreamer 0.10 to play them. You also need libdvdcss (and libdvdnav for DVD menus) to play DVDs.

Burning music CDs in gecko on the other hand... The only gecko's I know is the animal and the firefox rendering engine...

for burning check out k3b it is the easiest most functional multi burner program from linux that I've come across.

if you want command line burning try out cdrecord (for cd's) cdrecord-pro or growisofs (for dvd's).
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerf
    for burning check out k3b it is the easiest most functional multi burner program from linux that I've come across.

if you want command line burning try out cdrecord (for cd's) cdrecord-pro or growisofs (for dvd's).
    or cdrdao if you got CUE/BIN images instead of the standard ISO images.