Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cut off access to my broadband?!?!?! Noooo! That's my no.1 addiction and has been for over 10yrs now. Unfortunately (or not) I have a good ISP, so downloading all these ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cut off access to my broadband?!?!?! Noooo! That's my no.1 addiction and has been for over 10yrs now. Unfortunately (or not) I have a good ISP, so downloading all these distros is not a problem. One addiction feeding another

Since my last post, I've managed to get DamnSmallLinux running in Qemu on my Win2K PC and to my delight on my 128Mb Disgo flash drive too. Woohoo I did try to get Puppy running on my other flash drive, but it just doesn't work with the USB mouse or trackpad on the laptop. Shame.

I used to download distros almost everyday, but I have since settled down to just a few distros.
    But, I check Distrowatch everyday to see if anything interesting comes out.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Yes I agree that it can be Addictive, I just started with Linux and I have a few distros cause I couldn't decide so I have, Unbuntu,Kubuntu,Fedora core 5, red Hat 9, Suse 9.1 and DSL and I still don't even have linux on my PC yet.

nah, i'm in england where we get screwed over for everything. damn BT and their monopoly
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!
    I'm in England too, but use Pipex. The last time I used BT as an ISP (and NEVER will again!!!) they allowed me to sign up to "Anytime", but complained and threatened to close my account because I used it "anytime", ie for more than 12hrs in a 24hr period! Sad, but true. Needless to say, I told them to shove their account where the sun doesn't shine and never looked back. Awful company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2