Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone have a clean backup image of a Netgear ND508? I recently obtained one, and before I got around to making a good backup it somehow got corrupted. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Netgear ND508

Does anyone have a clean backup image of a Netgear ND508? I recently obtained one, and before I got around to making a good backup it somehow got corrupted. I can't even access it via the browser anymore.

Linux Guru
    you will most likely need to contact the manufacturer for one, or you may find it available as a download via their website, www.netgear.com

Jason

Just Joined!
    I've looked and I can not find it. Their tech support has not been much help either. If I can ever get it back to normal, I will definitely make a good backup so that I can always put it back to the factory default state.

The ND508 is running Linux. I thought that they had to provide the code under the GPL...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

I have a backup.

I have Trustix Secure Linux release 2.1 installed on mine. I just put the 200 gig hard drive in another computer with a VIA chip set and real tek Ethernet card. Put the hard drive in the Netgear ND508 and it booted and works good.

I know I have a back up of the 8 gig that came with it. I think in true image backup. I would have to find were I have it. But I know it's backed up with files I saved on it. So I could not send it out. I could restore it and delete the files and back it up again like that.

If any one can't find it any were else I think I can help.

-Raymond Day

Just Joined!

You don't need a image just NasLite HDD!

I found out that you can buy NasLite HDD a NAS Linux program that is set up to be a NAS like the Netgear only a lot better.

Put the hard drive in any PC and install NasLite HDD set up the IP and put it in the Neatgear. Go to that IP to set up the rest.

NasLite HDD auto checks for new system on boot up. So you don't have to install it with the same chip set or Ethernet driver as is in the Netgear ND508/ND520.

I guessing you could even put a 1TB hard drive in the NetGear. But you would have to get a IDE to SATA to use in the NetGear. I don't think any 1TB hard drives come with a IDE interface.

-Raymond Day