Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just downloaded the zip file with Mandriva One and I'm trying to figure out how to burn it to a CD so I can run it. I unzipped ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I use MandrivaOne?

Hello,

I just downloaded the zip file with Mandriva One and I'm trying to figure out how to burn it to a CD so I can run it. I unzipped it then burned every thing then told it to boot from the CD but nothing happened. How do I burn it properly?

Am I also doing it correctly by telling it to boot from the CD?

Huh? You downloaded a zip file??? It should be an .iso image that you download. From these iso images you should burn a CD image, whithout extracting the iso file (!).

Here is one mirror for Europe. ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/mandrake/official/iso/one/ Others can be found at the Mandriva site or at distrowatch.com
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

Just Joined!
    Intresting. It says its an ISO in when i click on the download but it wants to use WinRAR to open it which is making it into a .zip file...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    winrar recognizes ISO as an archive but doesn't convert it to something else. It just able to see what's inside. It's matter of file association. What you want to do is just burn the file using softwares such as nero. Using nero, choose file > open and point it to the ISO file, a burning dialog will appear. burn it, boot it then have a beer!