Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody: I'm new in the forum. I'm having a weird problem in a Linux server. I'm testing an application (desinged in php and MySQL) and it works perfectly well ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Webpages don't work in the server

Hello everybody:
    I'm new in the forum. I'm having a weird problem in a Linux server. I'm testing an application (desinged in php and MySQL) and it works perfectly well locally but when we load files on the sever, the application doesn't work properlly.

Specifically, there is a window that has to save information into the MySQL when clicking an Accept button, after saving it show closed itself but it doesn't do either of the two. Instead, it reloads itself. Again, locally works fantastic but not in the server.

There are some other windows that are also behaving bad. We've already reboot the server, but nothing.

Does anybody has any idea? Could it be a table space problem? A java problem? A good knows what problem???

Thanks a lot before hand...

Vero

Linux Enthusiast
    What is different between the local and remote environments? I would start there in my troubleshooting steps. You can't ask use if this is a Java or MySQL problem when we don't know anything else other than you are having problems with page rendering. ????

Just Joined!
    Linux environment is running:
    Apache 2.0.53
    MySQL 4.1.15

Local environmet is running:
    Apache 1.3.34
    MySQL 5.0.16

Let me make clear that the pages were working ok. After we upload the newer version and saw the bad behaviour, we uploaded the older versions again and they are behaving bad, although they are the previous versions (that were ok in the begging).

The changes we made were about adding some functions that were used also in some other pages. Specifically, we added the function html_entity_decode().

Thanks

Veronica