Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by drl Hi, Nishant. I think we are making some progress, but I still don't understand the situation as completely as I would like. If your goal is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by drl
    Hi, Nishant.

I think we are making some progress, but I still don't understand the situation as completely as I would like.

If your goal is to change the embedded system, then, as you have asked, you will need to make some source changes and create the binaries, executables, possibly libraries, and so on.

What I don't know yet, is whether you have a supporting system. The little that I know about embedded systems is that you almost always do the work on a different, bigger system, such as an Intel Linux system. Then you transfer the products you have created to the board. That's why DThor has been giving you links to sites which discuss development kits. You could not run Intel executables on an ARM because the instruction set is different, so you need special software -- the dev kit -- to run on the supporting system to create executables that will run on the embedded system.

So please tell us more about your environment: do you have a small embedded system on which you have the ARM, and do you have a supporting system?

If so, then we are really at DThor's question: "do you have the development kit installed?" In addition to DThor's links, I see that the ARM site has some information on the development kit at http://www.arm.com/products/ ... cheers, drl

( edit 1: typo )
    Yes drl,

You are absolutely right that we are at the question, do you have the dev kit? and i ll say yes i have the dev kit and it is same as it is written at the link Dthor provide me, so now i will ask ATMEL for the support and it can lead me to move ahead.

And yes you are right about the embedded systems that in embedded systems we have the board and after developing the code we move it to the development board and board work according to the program.

And do you know any of other section of this forum which is genrally dealing in the embedded Linux, so i can put my question on that and with that Dthor is guiding me good ways.

Thanks,
    Nishant

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, Nishant.

OK, I think I am at the point where I can no longer help you because of lack of experience on my part.

You are in an interesting situation because part of your work may be network related, some hardware related, some kernel related, some general development related, and so on. I recommend that you visit http://www.arm.com/support/ and see if they have a forum. The UK site that DThor provided has a mailing list where you can apparently post. Of course, you can use Google to try to find a suitable forum. I have not not seen any sub-forum here that specifically addresses embedded topics. We would certainly welcome your Linux questions, but unless someone new posts in this thread to the contrary, I do not think you'll get much help -- but I've been wrong many times before.

Best wishes, and keep us posted if you get some time. (I have a very small role in a project to do an open-source hardware and software combination Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor -- ABPM -- which will involve a very small wearable embedded system, but we are still in the initial stages of design: http://www.phoenix.tc-ieee.org/ ) ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by drl
    Hi, Nishant.

OK, I think I am at the point where I can no longer help you because of lack of experience on my part.

You are in an interesting situation because part of your work may be network related, some hardware related, some kernel related, some general development related, and so on. I recommend that you visit http://www.arm.com/support/ and see if they have a forum. The UK site that DThor provided has a mailing list where you can apparently post. Of course, you can use Google to try to find a suitable forum. I have not not seen any sub-forum here that specifically addresses embedded topics. We would certainly welcome your Linux questions, but unless someone new posts in this thread to the contrary, I do not think you'll get much help -- but I've been wrong many times before.

Best wishes, and keep us posted if you get some time. (I have a very small role in a project to do an open-source hardware and software combination Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor -- ABPM -- which will involve a very small wearable embedded system, but we are still in the initial stages of design: http://www.phoenix.tc-ieee.org/ ) ... cheers, drl
    hiii,

Thanks for the info uptil now bro, which has guide me a good way uptil now and hey can you please explain your project what you are cyrently doin? so that i do have som good information from the world..and may i ask from which country u r?

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, Nishant.

The web page at the bottom of the last post explains in detail what the ABPM project is trying to do -- briefly we are trying to design a small, inexpensive, easy-to-use, wearable blood pressure monitor that records your BP continuously for a week. Those measurements can make possible the early discovery of serious health conditions.

This is an IEEE project in collaboration with the University of Minnesota in the United States (Minnesota is far to the north, bordering on Canada, quite cold in the winter months, often -10 to -20 F, although we are currently in a heat wave, 90+ F).

I cannot tell by your name where you are from, so if you get a minute, write a few words about your home ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2