Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
That would require a long explanation. See this HOWTO instead: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

That would require a long explanation.
    See this HOWTO instead: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say "server". Are you only referring to a domain controller, or do you want anything else, too.
    Anyway, of course it's possible to centralize the user database. There are several methods: nis, kerberos, smb (not recommended, but possible), ldap, etc.
    If you want something really secure, it's kerberos that you want. If you just want to do it in a simple fashion, it's nis that you want. There's a HOWTO on NIS on tldp.org.
    Hye I have setup my NIS master server, I have domain Like abc.com through NISDOMAIN command but I could not join my clients through this? Could you tell me this how can I connect my client to this server. I am using Mandrake 9.0 I want redhat 8.0 as client how can I do that. I simply want centrilize authentication. Please help me?

Linux Guru
    What is that NISDOMAIN command that you're referring to?
    Anyway, you'll need to set the hostname of the NIS server in /etc/yp.conf on the clients. See yp.conf(5) for more info.

Just Joined!
    Hai

How i can configure A linux server.can u give me brief steps
    am new in this Linux field

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2