Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm setting up a small Linux-based server for hosting websites I create for my customers. I, by no means intend to be an ISP, but I expect I'll end up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Web Based Virtual Host administration

I'm setting up a small Linux-based server for hosting websites I create for my customers. I, by no means intend to be an ISP, but I expect I'll end up with 10 or 12 Virtual hosted sites. What I'd like to have is a way for my customers to manage their own accounts through a web-based admin utility. So, say they get 10 POP e-mail addresses with their account. I'd like them to be able to log in and add/remove/edit accounts and settings within their own virtual site, but not be able to access account information from other locally hosted sites. I've got a little experience with programming in PHP, but this task is a little beyond me at this point, so I'd like to find a more or less out of the box solution. Is there anything out there that does this?

Linux Guru
    try something like ensim pro:
    http://www.ensim.com/products/pro/linux.html

Jason

Just Joined!
    Any open source solutions?

Linux Guru
    I don't know, but can't webmin do that?

Linux Engineer
    I think you can use squirrel mail as a mail client and administration. Mysqladmin as mysqldatabase interface. And ssh or a ftp-server so that the coustemers can upload there webbpages.

I know that some ISP:s are using just thoose products for their coustemers.
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    as said above webmin is nice!

Just Joined!
    I didn't think webmin could handle virtual hosts though. Am I wrong? I don't want someone logging in and being able to modify user accounts for other customers.

Linux Guru
    I honestly don't know if Webmin can do that, since I never used it. I was merely guessing that it should be able to. I'm sorry that I can't give an answer, but if noone else can either, maybe the best way to find out is simply to try it.