Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Redhat 8.0, with no bootloader. I use the bootdisk to access the partition Is there a way that I can bypass the wait 10 second screen (without ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bootdisk wait 10 seconds

I am running Redhat 8.0, with no bootloader. I use the bootdisk to access the partition Is there a way that I can bypass the wait 10 second screen (without having to press enter) and just boot right in to my Linux partition? Thanks in advance

Linux Guru
    I haven't used the boot disk, but I'm guessing it's using either grub or lilo, right? If it uses grub, just edit the timeout value in /boot/grub/grub.conf. If it uses lilo, tell me that and I'll get back.

Just Joined!

grub.conf

My system doesnt have the grub.conf or the lilo.conf file to edit. Im not sure if its some type of modification to the data on the floppy or if I can make another bootdisk with that option.

Linux Guru
    What boot loader does it use? Is it grub or lilo? It's possible that the grub.conf file might actually be on the floppy itself. See if it's possible to mount it.

Just Joined!

syslinux.cfg

I found it thanks. There is a file on the floppy called syslinux.cfg I changed the timeout line. The timeout was set to 100, I just deleted a 0 and left it at at 10 and now it boots right up. I tried changing the 100 to 0 at first but the floppy wouldnt boot, thats why I used 10. Thanks