Find the answer to your Linux question:
I currently have RH9 installed on my computer and have tried to install libdvdcss and when i did the following error came up: warning: libdvdcss-1.0.1-fr2.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

libdvd rpm key error m'whatsit

I currently have RH9 installed on my computer and have tried to install libdvdcss and when i did the following error came up:

warning: libdvdcss-1.0.1-fr2.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b
    warning: user dude does not exist - using root
    warning: group dude does not exist - using root
    warning: user dude does not exist - using root
    warning: group dude does not exist - using root

Any ideas on how to get around this (its happening for just about any rpm i try to install. including the u2date and wine ones) and if there is such a thing as a tar for the lib id be too afraid to use it (im relatively new to this and would hate to go back to MS)

Thankage

\g/

Linux Guru
    That doesn't seem like an error to me - it only said `warning'. Are you sure that it didn't manage to install it?

Just Joined!
    pretty sure, i tried using it to install other media players etc and it said the headers wernt there or somethingof that nature... also my installation thinks i have 2 cdrom drives when one is CD-RW and one is DVD-R... how to i change this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Well, it's not certain that the header files come with the library RPM. Library RPMs are usually divided into two parts - one that contains the binary library itself, and another that has a -dev or -devel ending that contains the header file and linker info. Check `rpm -qa | grep dvdcss' to see if that one got installed.

Just Joined!
    i put it in and it didn't tell me anything, guessing that means no?

Linux Guru
    Yeah. However, those messages from RPM were still warnings, and warnings don't stop the installation process. Are you sure those were the only messages you got?

Just Joined!
    its all thats coming up, but also could you help me with the drive problem... thanks for your patience

Linux Guru
    I have to admit that I'm stumped. There's just nothing to indicate why it shouldn't install it.

One way around all this is to download the source code for that library and compile it manually instead of using RPMs. That's what I do if an RPM gets weird on me.