Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just downloaded and installed cygwin on my work computer. I started it and tried to ssh. This is the main reason I wanted it. Says command not found. Since ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ssh in cygwin

I just downloaded and installed cygwin on my work computer. I started it and tried to ssh. This is the main reason I wanted it. Says command not found. Since when does cygwin not come with ssh? and how do I get it working?

Thanks
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

When I installed Cygwin, it came with very few apps in the default installation. You can find a lot of apps (including ssh) by running the installer thing, which has a step that lets you select packages.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'm at home, and I only have Cygwin at work.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

I looked through the menu and couldn't find it. Look when you get home and let me know if possible
    Thanks

PS it used to come default.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Nevermind I found it and it is working brilliantly.

Thanks.
    -- Linus Torvalds