Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wrote a script to help me resize a few hundred photos but ran into a little snag. I cant seem to figure out how to resize the photos to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Resizing Images with convert - Don't want to presere proportions

I wrote a script to help me resize a few hundred photos but ran into a little snag. I cant seem to figure out how to resize the photos to a specifc geometry. I have a photo of whatever size and want it resized/stretched/skewed to be exactly 605x341. Problem is every option I have tried with the convert program keeps the proportions the same giving the photo a 580x341 geometry. I can do these one at a time in photoshop but that would be a pain in the ass.

Anyone know any other command line utilities to resize images or the right command I need for convert??

What you want to do is add an ! on the end of the geometry using convert. This forces the geometry.

So something like:

Code:
    convert -geometry 605x341! input.jpg output.jpg
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

What you want to do is add an ! on the end of the geometry using convert. This forces the geometry.

So something like:

Code:
    convert -geometry 605x341! input.jpg output.jpg
    Note to Mods: Apologies for the dupe, please feel free to delete the 2nd post here, i made the post, and it came back to the reply screen, so posted again! :S
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the response.

Maybe you could help me with another issue.. I have two images one is a image of 613x349(2.jpg) which is basically white with a small outline around it, the other is a picture at 605x341(1.jpg) I combined the two with:

composite -compose In -gravity center 1.jpg 2.jpg new.jpg (better way perhaps?)

This gave the desired results.. the picture put into the image with the border I created around it however when I view the image as thumbnail all I see is the number 2 image, not the combined result. If I open the image I see the combined result though. I cleared my thumbnail cache case that was the issue but still shows it that way.
    Any Idea why??

Additional note: If I open the image in say gimp, then just save the image again it appears they way its suppose to. Gimp doesnt say that it is changing anything or converting it.