Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wanted to ask if anyone is currently using at&t for dsl service. I my area I have two choices at&t or adelphia. Adelphia service has gone to hell since ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

AT & T Dsl Service

I wanted to ask if anyone is currently using at&t for dsl service. I my area I have two choices at&t or adelphia. Adelphia service has gone to hell since the comcast takeover (22 days no service). When I contacted at&t the salesperson told me I have to be a windows user, which I don't believe is correct. Does anyone currently have at&t service or do you know someone who does. I would like to see if getting connected is a problem or is the salesperson is just wrong.

I use SBC Yahoo DSL which I *think* is the same thing as AT&T DSL, and it works perfectly fine with Linux. They are probably thinking of their own software (an internet browser and crap like that) when they say you have to be using windows.

Even if AT&T is not the same as my SBC Yahoo DSL (apologies if it's not), I can't imagine how an internet connection can be OS specific. Their installation software might be specific to windows, but you can still get a DSL connection up and running with Linux easily enough.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

smolloy thanks for the information. I am going to give them a call back and see what I can get out of them.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close