I recently installed VMware to avoid having to reboot everytime just to do something simple on windows. It seems to work well. I managed to make myself a Windows XP virtual machine. When I installed VMware Player, I tried running this virtual machine and it worked fine without any problem (except of course being slower than the real thing, but heh it's emulation).

Then I tried to erase a DVD-RW using Nero on the Windows XP virtual machine, and KDE just freaked out for some reason. The mouse disappeared, but I see that the eye's applet thingy (xEyes) still is following my invisible mouse when I moved it. Plus, someone was sending me instant messages on Kopete and I was hearing the notification sounds but I wasnt able to focus on the window because I just don't know where the heck the mouse went to. I tried killing X, but didn't work. I panicked and reseted the PC.

Then when I tried to open my XP virtual machine it gives me this error message:

Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory. Please make sure that the kernel module 'vmmon' is loaded.

Then When I click on "OK" I get another error.

Failed to initialize monitor device

I thought it was something random, so I restarted my PC again and I got the same error.

How can I fix this?