Find the answer to your Linux question:
This problem was posted to me by Redhat_adi. So I thought that as I don't have immediately have the answer, I'd throw it open to the forum. .................................................. ............................... whenever ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

USB keyboard problem - From Redhat_adi

This problem was posted to me by Redhat_adi. So I thought that as I don't have immediately have the answer, I'd throw it open to the forum.
    .................................................. ...............................

whenever i start rh9,mouse and keyboard are freezed, it shows the pointer, but of no use, i cannot use it... i cannot type the username, since the keyboard is also idle. i just installed rh9 5days ago.
    the mouse and keyboard worked when i installed rh9, i hav serial mouse, rh9 took the mouse as generic 2button mouse, since the name of my mouse was not included in the list(a4tech wheelworks mouse).
    i reconfigured the mouse from 2 button generic mouse to wheel mouse and it was freezed. so i rebooted only to know that now my keyboard was also not working.
    after inserting the bootdisk floppy when i ran linux rescue it went smoothly but again no mouse and keyboard, but the thing i noticed while booting was that linux initializes the mouse and keyboard as USB
    "Initializing USB Mouse [OK]"
    "Initializing USB Keyboard [OK]"

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

Redhat_adi,
    can you get a text only login prompt (perhaps by pressing Ctrl Alt F1) ?

I suspect that the problem may be in your /etc/X11XF86Config file.

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

similar problem

I actualy had the same problem, unfortunetly, i can offer little help here as i had problems with the install, so i just decided to re-install the whole distro ( i had no sensative files on the hd) from scrach...it worked. so its probbaly not a hardware issue, probably something corrupted in a config file somewere. sry, thats all i got.

Just Joined!

USB keyboard/mouse

i also had a simalar problem..
    i installed debian and it done the same thing,
    i installed a package called hotplug, and removed and plugged em in, and it picked em up automaticly....giver a try (if its available for RH)