Find the answer to your Linux question:
after getting an error trying to resize my fedora partition in gparted from the live cd, i now no longer have any partition information for my extended partition. i can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partiton table error

after getting an error trying to resize my fedora partition in gparted from the live cd, i now no longer have any partition information for my extended partition. i can still boot into my windows partition, when loading partiton magic i get an error message saying

Powerquest Partion Magic has detected an errror 116 on the partition starting at sector 87538185 on disk 1.

This extended partition boot record does not contain any partion table information.
    To correct this problem, %1 can remove the empty EPBR from the partition table.

Would you like paritionMagic to fix this error?
    Clicking Yes results in a new message box

The partition table error was sucessfully fixed.
    followed by the same first error message, clicking yes multiple times just loops through the same two messages. clicking no loads up partition magic where i can view my partition table which shows my /boot, swap, home and windows partions all intact however my old fedora partion is now seen as unallocated space.if i boot into gparted all i can see when i view my hardrive is unallocated space for the whole disk.

what i would like to be able to do know ideally is to install ubuntu onto the space where fedora once was, failing that i would be happy to just be able to access my home partition to backup some of my files. anybody have any ideas on how this could be done?

Just Joined!
    btw: sector 87538185 is somewhere in the unallocated space where fedora was before.