Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed gentoo from stage 1 without any problems. When I rebooted my pc the first with the system working properly I tried to dowload Kde as source and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

serious problems with gentoo

I have installed gentoo from stage 1 without any problems. When I rebooted my pc the first with the system working properly I tried to dowload Kde as source and as a binary but there was a problem:

calculating dependencies
    !!!Problem in kde-base dependencies.

All this I did as a root. Also in the make.conf I put the necessary variables for kde.

I updated my portage two times and I dont know what to do with this situation.

Not only with Kde also with any package(kernels, xfce, etc..) I want to install appear the same problem with dependencies.

Linux Engineer
    hmmm... that is one of the strangest things i've heard.. when i had problems with portage before, what i did to fix it was this:
    Code:
    rm -rf /usr/portage/*
    emerge sync
    that will give you a clean portage tree to start over with... try that to see if it will help.. if not, posting on the newsgroup feed here might yield an answer that will solve the problem.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    What options are you including in make.conf? Please post the entire file and if you are useing any additional USE flags when you emerge it please post that too

Post the output of

Code:
    emerge info
    here to provide us with more details.
    Me & Myself just ganged up on I....... Now We all have problems..and none of Us are speaking!
    bash-3.00$ uname -a
    SunOS sparky 5.11 OpenSolaris-swa sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

Just Joined!

portage

Quote Originally Posted by lordnothing
    hmmm... that is one of the strangest things i've heard.. when i had problems with portage before, what i did to fix it was this:
    Code:
    rm -rf /usr/portage/*
    emerge sync
    that will give you a clean portage tree to start over with... try that to see if it will help.. if not, posting on the newsgroup feed here might yield an answer that will solve the problem.

I have updated the portage two times with "emerge-webrsync" the "emerge sync" never works, never find the server...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    What options are you including in make.conf? Please post the entire file and if you are useing any additional USE flags when you emerge it please post that too
    -03 -pipe -march=pentium3
    makeopts=-j2

in USE flags the most commons: kde, gnome, X,x11, etc...

What do you mean by it never finds the server? Try using mirrorselect to get a good list of mirrors if you havent allready
    Code:
    mirrorselect -a -s4 -o >> /etc/make.conf