Find the answer to your Linux question:
For some reason clicking both mouse buttons to paste no longer works, and I have no idea where to start looking to fix this. Has anyone any suggestions?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Click both buttons to paste

For some reason clicking both mouse buttons to paste no longer works, and I have no idea where to start looking to fix this.

Has anyone any suggestions?
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? That's what I use to paste, other 2 buttons at the same time doesn't even work anymore. If not, have you installed any new hardware recently or made any significant software upgrades that may have changed your system in any way? It is an unusual problem though, that feature has been on every Linux distro I've ever used. Is it an old mouse? Maybe one or more of the buttons on it are stuck. That has happened to me before and it took me a long time to figure out why some things wouldn't work.

Linux Engineer
    Maybe if you turned on "Emulate 3 button" option it would work, I think that's what it does. Can't tell you where to find that option though.

Hi guys. Thanks for your replies, and apologies for taking so long to reply.

I just checked and (unbelievably), copying and pasting now works again. I have no idea what changed, except having rebooted a couple of times in the interim. Yet another weird little problem that disappears for no good reason.

Gotta luv linux!
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode