Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Alboin Not quite, Linus wanted to name it "Freax", but his friend at his university who controlled the FTP accounts gave him a directory called "Linux". Hence ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alboin
    Not quite, Linus wanted to name it "Freax", but his friend at his university who controlled the FTP accounts gave him a directory called "Linux". Hence the name.
    Yes.......
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap
    wasnt tux made by some other guy in gimp? also i think in the times of win3.1 the net was funny cuz i looked and there was reuters money network for finance and dat only for other stuff u needed another app. but them they made websites/pages and all could be done w/ one app, a browser...

Aye, Tux was made by Larry Ewing in GIMP, but from what I've read the concept of having a penguin as the Linux mascot was introduced by Linus. Although the name 'tux' was thought of by James Hughes. (Tux meaning "(T)orvalds (U)ni(X)")

All of this is based off of stuff from Wikipedia. If you really want to know more about it why not look there? I do so think that it's better than hearsay. (If Wikipedia isn't hearsay itself.) Also, another indispensable source for Linux related information is 'Just for Fun' by Linus himself.

Good Luck!

Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap
    I thoguht tix meant Tuxedo...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2