Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi to all, i'm new at this forum! I really like it. I'm looking for a OS Linux , because i cnnot work in these conditions in WINDOWS... i really ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Mandrake or Redhat

hi to all,
    i'm new at this forum! I really like it.
    I'm looking for a OS Linux , because i cnnot work in these conditions in WINDOWS... i really hate !

I tried Red hat 8 ... but i don't find it user friendly like Windows.
    I wanto to try now Mandrake ... do you think mandrake is more user friendly from redhat? or the are same?

Is there any suggestion for a Linux User friendly like windows version?

Thanks to all.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You will get a lot of different answers for such a question. One thing you should have done is use a new distribution instead of something outdated like Redhat 8. Fedora Core which replaced the old Redhat Linux (actually Redhat killed off Redhat Linux in 2002/2003 and replaced it with Fedora Core and Redhat Enterprise Linux) is pretty good and has lots of new stuff thats not in the ancient Redhat 8. The latest version of Fedora Core is 6. Also Mandrake is no more, the company is now called Mandriva and its latest release is Mandriva 2007.

Just Joined!
    thanks you for reply.

If you are looking for something close to or similiar to windows check out ubuntu. It is a little more user friendly and easier to install. Also alot of the keyboard shortcuts are there.

Quote Originally Posted by tasl55
    I tried Red hat 8 ... but i don't find it user friendly like Windows.
    I wanto to try now Mandrake ... do you think mandrake is more user friendly from redhat? or the are same?
    We can't tell you which distribution to use, but I can offer one bit of advice: make sure you are trying out the newest version. Redhat 8 is ancient, and anything still called "Mandrake" is several years old as well. The company that made Mandrake is now called Mandriva and has released several versions of their Linux desktop since. DistroWatch.com is an excellent site to find out what's the newest release, as well as what other people consider to be the "popular" distributions.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants