Find the answer to your Linux question:
i got a copy of the knoppix live cd a while back and never played with it, but then i seen it mentioned on the site and thought i'd give ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    hex
    Just Joined!

just playing with knoppix

i got a copy of the knoppix live cd a while back and never played with it, but then i seen it mentioned on the site and thought i'd give it a go. it seem pretty stable, it detected all the setting fine and runs very smooth on my 8 year old laptop, and even had support for my belkin wirless card running on the atmel chipset that is hard to find good drivers for. over all it has a bunch of great utilities, and is very nice. as far a bootable security cd, i like it alot. any one else played with it at all?

Linux Newbie
    Yeah, I have used knoppix a few times, mainly as a rescue disk, for when I trash my system completely. As far as Live-cd:s go, Knoppix is really good.

/ooop

Linux Engineer
    Used it as a rescue disk once and even installed it to me hd to see what it was like.

Tis good.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

hex
    Just Joined!

played with any otherr live cd's?

i've used phlack too, but wasn't as impressed with it as i was with knoppix, it wouldn't boot on my laptop because of display problems, and when i put it on my desktop and played with it, it just didnt have the functionality of knoppix. i've also used a copy of war linux that you could just boot from cd and use, but it was all prompt, which isnt bad, just not as good. any one used slackware live, i was thinking about trying it out too, i'm starting to really like this whole live cd thing .