Find the answer to your Linux question:
On two occasions I tried to burn a cd on multiple sessions.The first time I did 3 sessions but when I tried to read what I had written it seemed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Problems burning cds

On two occasions I tried to burn a cd on multiple sessions.The first time I did 3 sessions but when I tried to read what I had written it seemed that only the middle session was visible.

The second time was today.I burned for the first time a few hours ago and just now burned for a second time.But when I try to read the cd only the first session appears

On both occasions I used xcdroast and made sure I got all the options right including clicking on the button which says multiple sessions. So is there something wrong with the programme or am I doing something wrong ?

Ideally I would want to burn cds from the command line rather than use an interactive programme.Anyone know how to do that ? I've used Redhat but I want a solution as distribution independent as possible.

Have you tried using cdrecord? I'm not sure if it supports the use of sessions because I've only used it for relatively simple burning chores but it has worked pretty well for me. You can do man cdrecord to find out the syntax but the general idea for a command is:
    Code:
    $cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc data_to_burn
    Just replace /dev/hdc with the device node of your burner.