Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm a newbie who has installed LDAP server, the problem is that when I try to make a ldapserach it tells me that LDAP server can't be contacted (ldap_bind: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't contact LDAP server

Hi! I'm a newbie who has installed LDAP server, the problem is that when I try to make a ldapserach it tells me that LDAP server can't be contacted (ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)) and it happens the same when I try to add to the LDAP server the information about users and groups with the ldapadd command. Another problem is that when I make the ldapadd I have to write the LDAP server password, and I don't know it, has it something to do with "rootpw secret" of the slapd.conf???

Thanks a lot!!!
    krumel

Just Joined!
    Hi
    I have the exact same problem, would really help if somebody could reply on this massage if they know any thing about this error.

Just Joined!
    I managed to fix the problem. I changed so that i uses the 363 port instead of 636 port. Thats how I got mine to contact the server.
    I your case I dont know if my solution will help.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

the regular ldap port 389 is used for ldap communications. If you have configured ssl, then the port 636 will be used. This information should be provided in the slapd.conf file.