Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Ubuntu installed on my laptop, never had a problem with it before. Last night I installed Beryl onto it to make it nice and pretty. Now... I noticed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Here's a weird problem...

I have Ubuntu installed on my laptop, never had a problem with it before. Last night I installed Beryl onto it to make it nice and pretty. Now... I noticed that every so often it'll crash back to the log in screen.

Through trying to repeat the process, I think I have it pinned down.

Pressing Shift+Backspace seems to be causing this. Before I installed Beryl I didn't ever notice this happening, and it seems to happen no matter which GUI I'm using (KDE, Gnome or xfce). I was looking at the Beryl shortcuts to enable effects and such, but I didn't see anything for Shift+Backspace.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

quit hitting shift-backspace. Why would you hit that anyway. I actually have ubuntuon my lappy too so I will test it for you.

hang on!!

OK so your are right that is weird
    I just hit shift backspace and it just stared at me. Hmm
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Beryl is about as stable as a nuke sitting in a lava stream.
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln