Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a linux distro out there, that has the nVidia driver preinstalled, and not a live CD. I hope Im not asking too much....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux and nVidia driver

Is there a linux distro out there, that has the nVidia driver preinstalled, and not a live CD. I hope Im not asking too much.

Sabayon has the nvidia drivers installed by default, Ubuntu Feisty will install them for you with the simple check of a box

But in my opinion if you want to learn Linux you should at least install the drivers yourself
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Well i can. I downloaded from the nvidia site. Goto runlevel 3 and installs no problem. Im running 32-bit openSuSe 10.2 and everytime I boot up, system will lock up at random points (i.e: after logging in, during boot up) I guess the title of the thread should be "Problems after installing nvidia driver" but Im asking if other distros have the driver pre-installed, which is Sabayon.

I had no problems before the nvidia driver, and after booting seems diffucult for Suse as it locks up at random, booting into Xen for somereason goes straight into command line and I've tried executing runlevel 5 gui but it refused to do so.

Im running Athlon 64 3200, 1GB DDR33, 3 Maxtor Hard Disks @ 160GB each, nVidia FX5700.