Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just intalled Linux workstation, and then I worked on it and i had a partition with Windows ME and it was working fine. Then after a few days I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows ME problems

I just intalled Linux workstation, and then I worked on it and i had a partition with Windows ME and it was working fine. Then after a few days I logged on to Linux and I installed WINE and worked on the internet and then switched to windows. Everything was fine when i typed in my log in name and password for Windows Me. Then a blue screen came up and an error message popped up and it said Explorer has caused an error in Kernel. Explorer will now close and that's it, it just hung up and then I rebooted my computer, this time everything was fine, all the icons showed up, but suddenly after a few seconds, again it hung up, I am completely stumped. I don't know if it is WINE or not.. I would appreciate any help...
    Edit/Delete Message

Just Joined!
    1. its not wine
    2. telling us your distro would help us out a bit
    4. We need more info

Just Joined!
    it's redhat 8... I am deeply sorry but that's all i know....

you are very true about Windows ME, do you think that might be the problem..

Just Joined!
    I haven't reinstalled it in 4 years.....

and recently the IE stopped working for no reason.....

If it doesn't work out, I have to work with Linux, can Linux do almost everything that Windows can do? I am very new to Linux, so thank you for your patience.

Just Joined!
    The reason its not wine is because your not changing any data on the windows partition nor even doing anything but at best reading it and copying files from it. wine has nada to do with your windows system. So its definately windows Me. Your distro is also old as in 5 yrs or more might wanna get either mandrake or suse do not use fedora my personal recommendation is suse its the most stable n00b distro. Also are you using grub or lilo because i know windows does not like lilo boat loader.

Just Joined!
    I am using Grub...

Linux Enthusiast
    I'm sure it's ME. Windows ME is one of the worst Windows versions in existance. I've had two systems that came with Windows ME, and they never lasted more than 6 monthes even without being connected to the net (as in no viruses). If you need a dual-boot system, use XP or 2000. If you can't afford it, at least find someone with Win98 SE.
    As previously stated, it's certainly not wine.