Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is anyone here familiar with the product "microsoft plus!", actually i believe that since vista's release its been discontinued...but anyway. It's a software i used to use in my XP, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Linux Plus!

Is anyone here familiar with the product "microsoft plus!", actually i believe that since vista's release its been discontinued...but anyway. It's a software i used to use in my XP, it gives you extra little screen savers and noises ect.

The thing i liked in it was that every time i pressed the menu/start button it made a noise, you can pick from a few different noises. Every time i clicked on a menu (like all programs > accessories....ect) it made the noise, and i actually became quite used to it.

My question is; can i make my new linux OS (mandriva spring) do the same thing?, make noises when i click on menus or right-click something?

Is this possible and if not does anyone think it should be?

P.S. i had no idea which forum to put this under because it refers to most linux distros, even though im using mandriva. If its wrong to put it here sorry.....
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

- Voltaire

Banned
    Both GNOME and KDE had this from the beginning.
    In GNOME, run "gnome-sound-properties" (you obviously do need to enable a sound mixer for this).

I've seen that and under "choose menu item:" i have it set to beep, but it makes no sound when i click on the menu - it still make sound when i log in/out but no menu sound. So i figured it was for some other menu or something.

If thats it , why doesn't mine play a sound?
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

- Voltaire

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Do you have the sound system enabled? Kcontrol -> Sound & Multimedia -> tick on "Enable Sound Dydtem". That should enable sounds in KDE.

I'm using GNOME, and i dont have KDE installed.

- Voltaire

Personally I wouldn't like to have my machine beeping at me all the time, but to each there own.
    Moving to "Miscellaneous" forum.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    If using GNOME, install the gnome-media package. After that go to the Menu -> System -> Preferences -> Sound -> Sounds -> tick on "Enable Software Sound Mixing" and "Play System Sounds".