Find the answer to your Linux question:
Microsoft has launched its 'Get the Facts' road show--the tech equivalent of a political battle bus--to tour the country and convince the wavering that Redmond is as at least cheap ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Microsoft goes on a 'myth-busting tour'

Microsoft has launched its 'Get the Facts' road show--the tech equivalent of a political battle bus--to tour the country and convince the wavering that Redmond is as at least cheap and as secure as its open-source rival.

Nick McGrath, Microsoft's head of platform strategy, described the campaign as "a reality check we're bringing out", aiming to tackle the "myths" surrounding Linux.
    Read the article here - http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-5231375.html

It looks like they are in the UK now,

Microsoft's Get the Facts road show will be in Edinburgh on June 17, Manchester on June 29 and Newport on July 7.
    Please, some one has to go and report back, I can't wait until they make it to the US. The article in it's self is a start, but I need some good joke material to work with.

Hehe...
    Novell's Gaines, for one, isn't concerned. "It's good news. [The road show] validates Linux as a platform."
    Rolling rolling keep thoes penguines rolling....
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux User
    what's the big hoopla? are they threatened? they are still the dominating OS in the whole wide world by a great margin! as for servers.. . ahhh.. . they command a good enough share of the market.

greedy i say! you have like 3/4ths of the pie and you still want the whole thing!
    Registered User #345074

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    lol, Microsoft the big propaganda machine.. If they came here, it shure would be fun to talk to them

Kriss

Linux Enthusiast
    I kind of liked the jihad idea... a jihad to "struggle against closed source"
    I think Microsoft's going to help Linux more than hurt it, since most people barely even know what Linux is. Most of them think PC means windows, they don't have a clue that there are other options.