Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Fedora and Ubuntu on 2 different PCs, Now I want to run some of my MS Windows Based Screensavers(namely Nature Illusion), on Linux. 1 How can I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down Making Windows Screensavers to run on Linux

Hi,
    I have Fedora and Ubuntu on 2 different PCs, Now I want to run some of my MS Windows Based Screensavers(namely Nature Illusion), on Linux.
    1 How can I do that.?
    2. is there a way to convert those Screensavers to run on Linux distributions..? I mean can I have some compiler which can decompile and recompile those savers to run without any external help, on LInux.?
    3. is there any opensourse software available for authoring / creating screensavers for Linux like --Nufsoft Nature Illusion (for windows) ..?

Thank U for taking time to even read this.

Sat

Windows binaries and Linux binaries are unrelated. You may be able to get the screensaver working under Wine, but I don't think it'll be fully functional under Linux in the screensaver capacity. You would need the original source code and the skill to translate the necessary elements. You will be able however to get the source code for existing screensavers if you wish to modify them.

Just Joined!
    1. using wine
    2. no
    3. you don't need any - a screensaver is just an application like firefox is. if you need such a program, your screensaver will be sh*tty anyway. there are already solutions for foto rotating