Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having trouble burning my Debian ISO images to a DVD-RW usingCDBurnerXP. I follow these instructions. The burn takes about 20 seconds, the progress marker doesn't move, and when its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Burning iso to DVD

I'm having trouble burning my Debian ISO images to a DVD-RW usingCDBurnerXP. I follow these instructions. The burn takes about 20 seconds, the progress marker doesn't move, and when its done there is not the 4.5 gigs of data that there should be. Windows claims that the DVD is empty, while the CDBurnerXP says that there is 10 MB (the first try) or 150MB (the second try) used. Is anyone familiar with this program? Should I persist or simply install the Debian barebones netinst?

Try to write a simulation before you burn it and see what the error message is that is gives you. And make sure you are enabling the option of burning an ISO not just a regular file
    $Billz

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? None they eat plants!

Dell Optiplex GX260, LTSP Diskless Workstation, Fedora Core 6

Just Joined!
    Write a simulation? Yes, the ISO burning is enabled.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Writing a simulation, simply simulates the file you are about to burn BEFORE it actually burns this file. The reason for this is that it will make sure there are no errors before you start burning, one to allow you to fix the issue before burning and two so you dont waste CD's due to errors. There should be a checkbox that allows you to do this.
    $Billz

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? None they eat plants!

Just Joined!
    Just download magiciso, try using it to burn iso file to dvd-rw. It works fine for me.
    MagicISO - Burn ISO, BIN, NRG

I still suggest the Simulation. Not everything works for every user, hence the reason there are these forums. No matter what burning software you use, there should be a write simulation option and I suggest you use it to make sure there are no errors during writing that otherwise might be unnoticeable. But these are just my suggestions
    $Billz

scm
    Linux Engineer
    I use cdrecord, and haven't experienced any problems so far:
    Code:
    cdrecord -v -dev=ATA:1,1,0 driveropts=burnfree -dao ISOFile.iso