Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by smolloy It sounds like a hdd problem to me. I agree, remove all HD's and then try the LiveCD's...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by smolloy View Post
    It sounds like a hdd problem to me.
    I agree, remove all HD's and then try the LiveCD's
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

kbk
    I changed my HDD to an 80GB Maxtor. I still cannot get Sabayon to work, and I still have the same booting problems with the other live cds. Sabayon is still giving me the exact same problem. I was wondering if there is a way to install it without using the LVM or whatever because I think that might be what is causing the problems. Sorry to dig up this topic, but I was out of town and haven't really had time to post this until now.

As far as I remember, you should be able to get rid of any logical volumes during the stage of the installation where you set up the partitions.

Just get rid of the default suggestion, and set everything up in primary partitions. Hope that works for you.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    kbk
    Just got back from another vacation and I tried installing without the LVMs. It still didn't work, still gives me the same grub prompt and says that the kernel must be loaded before I can do anything. I installed the bootloader to the MBR of the hard drive in question, so there shouldn't be any problem right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2