Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i am trying to downlod somekind of p2p software for my brand new mandrake 10.0 linux system. i did a search...i came up with limewire i*blah blah* iso after ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

p2p software...where do i get it

ok i am trying to downlod somekind of p2p software for my brand new mandrake 10.0 linux system.

i did a search...i came up with limewire
    i*blah blah*

iso after i configured it ...and did the make..i made sure i was a root...and typed in make install..and it said something llike (i dont know it was a few hours ago ..i will run it again if u need to know)

so i did another seach and came up with qtella
    blah blah
    i configured...make...make install....WOW IT INSALLED
    ii ran it ...and pressed the connect button...nothing happend and it crashed..

needless to say..i cant find a p2p program that works-properly...i dont know if i am doing something wrong or not.....

can u tell me what u use and if use the programs liste here can u tell me how u installed them / ran them..i have wine and i read somewhere during my search that u can configure kazaa to work with wine

(i know i didn't describe it very good)

Just Joined!
    ok 1 try searching google its a pretty good rule to follow before posting any thing here casue you can get an answer quicker or try the site search top right hand corner but i'd search or i'd say get either kazaa k++ or kazaa lite dont run anything else or the riaa is tracking you and use wine to run them try that and let me know how that works out for yah

Just Joined!
    i use gtk-gnutella and am quite happy with it, theres also mldonkey which connects to a ton of p2p networks...

Just of the top of my head.

amule
    xmule
    apollon
    edonkey
    overnet

Just Joined!
    i downloaded overnet ...and i got it to work..thanks.

it downloads real slow...u press download ....and then it doesn't download it just sits there and occasionally it downloads for a minute or so...but oh well..

Just Joined!
    you should try some others then, don't give up that easily :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    i downloaded overnet ...and i got it to work..thanks.

it downloads real slow...u press download ....and then it doesn't download it just sits there and occasionally it downloads for a minute or so...but oh well..
    I had the same with amule not sure why?? Im going to use apollon when i need to download something kicks ass just needs some configureing which since i dont need to get anything i havent botherd.

Linux User
    I used to use SoulSeek. It requires wxPython, but it's not too hard to install them. http://www.sensi.org/~ak/pyslsk/ has links to everything you need, enjoy!

Just Joined!
    Read my post on P2P file transfers in:

Linux Forums Dot Org Index -> Gaming/Games/Multimedia/Entertainment -> P2P on linux

I think that might help ya out and other new users who see this.

here is the URL for piker's thread above
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20337
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org