I didn't really know where I was to write this post....but I hope Il get help...
I got a server that I want to have a bakup system on. The server got hotswap disks and I want to have work like this.
I got 1 disk on the server (36Gb) with my files on.
1 disk (300Gb?) that have the directories monday, th.. and so on (the 5 working days)
Let say its monday.
- I insert the 300Gb disk in the hotswap
- Linux automatically mounts the disk
- The app deletes all the files in the monday directory
- The app copies all the files from my 36Gb directory (/home/) to the 300Gb disks (/monday/) directory
- The app prints a report of some kind to a printer
- The app unmounts the disk
- I take out the disk when I see the report and put it in a safe place..
I hope I made my mind clear...
Are there any program for this kind of work...or can I script it??
Then how do I make a script to start after the disk is mounted??