Distro recommendations please
I have aquired two very old PCs. I would like to configure each as a "kids first computer" for my nephew and god daughter. Obviously for young kids, there are certain requirements that are paramount as follows:
* I need to be able to severely restrict any internet activity - some for of parental control is crucial.
* Although the kids won't be doing any admin tasks, the interface needs to look clean and appeal to the younger viewer, and besides their mothers are not computer gurus.
* Must be able to install and run visually appealling educational software (eg Flash games)
Right, there's the requirements, now here's what I have to work with:
* 400MHz celeron
* 32MB (yes, that's thirty two megabytes, anyone remember those days?) RAM
* 8 (yes eight) GB hard disk
* Primitive sound and video hardware
* CD ROM, ethernet etc.
Based on the above, can anyone recommend a decent compact distro, preferably on a LiveCD so I can try it first?