Setting of a small web hosting company!!!!
Although I know something about Linux, apache, DNS, IIS, DHCP, IP addresses and working of Internet I still I cannot find the answer which I am looking for.
What I need:
I am planning to setup a small company which can hosts companiesí websites (maximum 500 companies) and email as well. By the way I donít want to be ISP (Internet service provider). My target is for small companies, (only those sites, which are about max 100 pages, and are static, HTML pages, later on may be small databases MySql, and PHP)
My questions are:
1. How many computer I will need, and for what purposes, like Web Server, email server, FTP server, etc?
2. How many DNS server I need?
3. Can I make DNS sever, Web server (apache) and mail server on same PC, If not why?
4. What about security and database support? What if I need to expand later on, how difficult is that?
5. Which platform is easy and secure for my company, Linux or Windows?